Thursday, April 27, 2006

DoRo

Day 27:

Truman is rated as one of the most "wired" hospitals in the country. No matter where you are, it's always possible to find a computer terminal nearby. Because there's only a limited amount of desk space, though, some of the computers have been specially built into moveable carts. A couple weeks ago, my senior partner told me the acronym he used to describe this particular type of computer and asked me to guess what the letters stood for. I tried many combinations of words, but none of them were quite right. Finally, bemused by some of the phrases I had strung together, he told me what his acronym actually stood for: "Computer-On-Wheels."

We were walking near one of these computers today when he casually remarked to me, "Whoa, look at that COW!" You should have seen the faces of the two nursing students who happened to be standing next to it as we passed by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home