Friday, April 21, 2006

DoRo

Day 21:

After rounds this morning, Leah's birthday party at lunch (with a fantastic cake made by Alicia), and clinic/hits this afternoon, I helped cook dinner with Lauren and some other APOers across the street at the Ronald McDonald House, a place where the families of sick kids from out-of-town can stay while their loved ones are in the hospital. Our menu was fairly breakfast-oriented and simple from a culinary standpoint, but I think it turned out pretty well. Brian fried up bacon on one stove burner while I prepared sausages on the other, and when all was said and done, a couple of rather large pools of grease were the only remnants of the havoc we had wreaked upon one now-depleted barnyard. T'was good times, good times.

Oh, and I apologize to any vegetarian readers for the graphic content of this post (at least I didn't describe the acrid smell of sizzling animal flesh in the afternoon...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home