Saturday, April 15, 2006

DoRo

Day 15:

Borrowed from Danielle:


A robotic floor buffer can easily get confused. We have this machine (actually, I think there are 2 or 3 of them) in the hospital and it is about the size of a file cabinet. Its name is MAX and it is a self-propelling automatic floor cleaner/buffer. It glides along the floor, cleaning and buffing I guess, and once it is finished with that hallway, it waits by the elevators until they open, it gets in, turns around, and rides the elevator up to the next floor to clean and buff some more. First off, it is the weirdest thing to watch... some file cabinet getting on to the elevator ahead of you. But secondly, it gets confused really easily! Like today, MAX tried to get off the elevator, but there were people standing in the way, so he just kept scooting back and forth, back and forth, like a wary kid on the highdive- “should I go now? No. Now? No. Now?” Then finally, one of the residents says “Hey, clear the way for MAX!” The sea of white coats part, and MAX scurries off around the corner. Freeky.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Hey, you know, about a week after I wrote this someone told me that Max, in fact, does NOT clean the floor. I have heard a rumor that he delivers supplies to the PIXIS. Seriously, someone should find out just exactly what this "robot" is doing in our hospital. LOL. Its FREAKY! He may be trying to take over the world...

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

In my two months at the hospital, I never saw MAX. Is he back and working again? I understand it filled the pixis too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home