Friday, April 14, 2006

DoRo

Day 14:

It's all about timing. This morning during the residents' chairman rounds, the topic du jour was what to do when a patient codes. The cardiologist giving the presentation asked the audience a number of questions, drew all sorts of crazy diagrams on the whiteboard, and lectured on everything from ventricular tachycardia to WPW. Just as he was drawing to a close, the hospital intercom crackled to life, and a voice declared over it urgently, "Code Blue, Oncology. We have a Code Blue, Oncology."

The code was cancelled about thirty seconds later, but still.... talk about perfect timing.

2 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucas! I'm loving the doro updates on your blog. And I learned that even though we're on the same unit, I'm missing lots of good information on your team. A zoo for an MRI??? Anyway, I hope you're having a good weekend at Truman. I actually slept until 8:30 this morning. It was heaven!!! I will see you Monday morning. And we really need to work on talking more everyday. Bye for now Lucas!

 
At 2:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps - it's lauren, lucas, i forgot to mention that in the first message. silly me. (tho i bet you knew who it was anyway...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home