Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Facts About Me

"Borrowed" from Sam.

When I was five: I was afraid of the muppet aliens on Sesame Street.

My mother told me: a story about a big machine that cuts down trees.

There's this girl I know who: aced her boards today.

I lost: my way - and then... my hope.

Last night: I thanked Marlee for an 8th grade dance.

Once I dreamt: that I couldn't remember my phone number. It was pretty dramatic. Seriously.

When I listen to music: I fidget to the beat.

Last time I was drunk: I can't remember (interpret that how you will).

Days until my birthday: 311 or so.

If I was a character written by Shakespeare I'd be: Henry VIII (everybody sing! "I'm Hennnnery the eighth I am, Hennnery the eighth I am, I am....").

By this time next year: I'll be even more exhausted than I am now? Depressed? Happy? Dead? Cleaning the toenails of a manatee? Who knows?

I have a hard time understanding: most everything.

You know I like you if: I.. umm.. sleep with you? I'd say that's a fairly good measure.

If I won an award, the first person I'd thank is: the guy handing me the award.

Take my advice: you should've turned left back there.

My ideal breakfast is: fried eggs, toast, and slices of a freshly cut orange.

If you visit my hometown: you'll see a place I hardly recognize anymore.

Why won't anyone: stand out to me?

I'd stop my wedding if: the bride didn't show up.

The world could do without: Vandellia cirrhosa (well, not really - but it still gives me the willies).

My favourite blonde is: this is a retarded question.

Paper clips are more useful than: empty shampoo bottles, which I have a tendency of accumulating.

And by the way: Al & Russ are my personal favorites at the moment.

The animals I would like to see flying besides birds are: spaghetti monsters and grizzly bears (because how kick ass would that be?).

Random fact: I'm still winning.

I secretly: wish I could stop being so cynical.

4 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Misha said...

haha i just found your blog on the little "next blog button" you sound wicked kool!! :-p awsome!! lol

<3
misha

 
At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi lucas, its me again. one, i did not ace boards (i can't imagine any other girl you knew that took boards around the 16th) and two, if you're talking about what i think you're talking about, i am so definitely still winning!!! that's all. i hope all is going well and you are enjoying your brother ( i still think that is sometime around now...the weeks at the end did blur alot though...hopefully i'm not too off). enjoy the rest of your month with pappi, and i will see you in a few weeks. then you're not going to be able to get rid of me!!! bye for now! lauren =)
ps - aren't you proud of me? i read your blog for once!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Carman said...

Do manatee's have toenails?

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Luke said...

YES, they do!

I learned the following from an episode of Reading Rainbow:

LeVar Burton (aka Star Trek's blind Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge): So let's talk about where the manatee comes from, Dr. Mark. They're descended from which animal do we think?

Mark: We think they're descended from the elephant. It's their closest relative on land. And they have a upper lip very similar to an elephant's trunk. Here we go with one reaching and grabbing. ... sort of like an elephant would reach and grab something...

LeVar: With the end of his trunk? They're sort of like fingers. Then of course the flippers and the nails on the flippers. They look like elephants' toes.

Mark: Very small nails. Very similar to the elephant
.

LeVar: I love the way their skin feels.

Mark: And they do have sparse body hairs, very difficult to see, along their back you'll see some very fine hairs.

LeVar: Oh yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home