Saturday, February 11, 2006

Read Something - Learn!

I recently stumbled upon some science writing by Carl Zimmer, an author and frequent contributor to magazines and newspapers such as the New York Times, National Geographic, Science, Newsweek, and Discover. When I woke up this morning and found an interview with him done at Daily Kos, I was particularly pleased. I highly recommend the following two short pieces written by him:

The Return of the Puppet Masters (Toxoplasma gondii - w00t!)

The Wisdom of Parasites (zombie cockroaches - huzzah!)

Enjoy!

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous adrienne said...

hehe love your posts man, they are always entertaining and interesting!

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Keith said...

3 comments for you, about stuff I recently saw/heard (none relating to this post at all, sorry).

1. This link is hilarious, but VERY stupid. I bet you'll laugh. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/toomanyguys-groupx.html

2. I heard this awhile ago, & thought it would be entertaining to hear your response. (I did not check the facts myself, so I hope they are correct).
6th yr of Nixon -- impeachment
6th yr of Reagen -- Iran Contra
6th yr of Clinton -- impeachment
6th yr of Bush -- ___________

I'll let you fill in the blank w/ the phrase they will put there in 10-20 years.

3. Please don't let Hilary be elected in '08. I would be ok w/ Gore, Kerry, or any Democrat, but there is just "something about Hilary" that PISSES ME OFF BEYOND BELIEF!!

Have a good day.:)

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a secret valentines day valentine.

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Keith said...

Wow Luke. I think I should apologize for not clicking on some of your links, as I feel I am sometimes "too busy" to read it all (ya, too busy reading mindless sports articles). I think those 2 articles were honestly 2 of the most interesting articles I have read in a LONG time, esp. that Toxo one. That is some cool shit, at least to a med schooler, I guess. Great stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home