Friday, October 14, 2005

Farewell to a Good Friend


Zoe, one of my pet rats, passed away the evening of Oct. 12 following a long and courageous battle with cancer. Brought into my life in November of 2004, she had been a source of comfort, laughter, and warmth ever since then. Over the past year, I grew to love her - her inquisitive nature, general friendliness, and even the ingenuity she displayed in figuring out how to get out of her cage. She is survived by her sister Luna and this old curmudgeon. She will be sorely missed.
RIP Zoe

7 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger sarj√© said...

Aww, Luke, I'm so sorry. Zoe's in a better place, although it's hard to imagine anywhere would be better than with you. Though I never met her, I feel sure she was a wonderful pet and friend.

Deepest affection and sympathy,

Sarah

 
At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Sam said...

Oh luke!!
How sad :(

*BIG HUGS*

Hope you are doing ok, I'm here for you!

she's a cutie! (and you know i don't say that about many rats!)

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Toodleyboots said...

Oh no! This is very sad news. I'm so sorry for your loss. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Aphrodite's Disappointment said...

Hey, this is the author of wishing we were elsewhere. I just got your comment and I just wanted to say thank you for the encouragement. It's kind of difficult to keep going when nobody reads your stuff. Thanks again.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that. If I may ask, how did you know it was from the evil C?

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Oh man! That is too bad. :( Zoe is a very cool name, BTW. Sorry for your loss.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Thank you for the condolences, everyone. Much appreciated.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home