Monday, September 12, 2005

18 Songs

I've spent my whole life surrounded
And I've spent my whole life alone
I wonder why I never wonder why
The easiest things are so hard.

I know I'm alone if I'm with or without you
But just being around you offers me another form of relief
When the loneliness leads to bad dreams
And the bad dreams lead me to calling you.

Tonight your ghost will ask my ghost
Where is the love?
Tonight your ghost will ask my ghost
Who put these bodies between us?

After tonight, another day
A chance to feel a different way
The sun is slowly changing sides
Still, sorrow in your eyes.

Not looking for reasons, not trying to understand
Not trying to catch your eye, not trying to touch your hand
Not trying to show you a part of me no one else can find
But I will bring a song to you, who will buy my time?

She keeps on waiting for time out there
Oh love, can you love me babe
Love, is this loving babe
Is time turning around?

What's goin' on?
Time slips away
You got it all wrong
I saw her today and that's all.

I see you walking down the street with a soundtrack in your head
Sucking in the damp and bitter air
Tangled roots they trip me down
Mouth wide open with no sound.

All alone in this world
You bend the light to make due
Saving all your shiny pennies
Sometimes wishes do come true.

With you close by
I'm dazed in madness
Can't lose this sadness
It's ripping me apart.

I've seen fire and I've seen rain
I've seen sunny days that I thought would never end
I've seen lonely times when I could not find a friend
But I always thought that I'd see you again.

Remembering you, what happened to you?
I wonder if we'll meet again
Talking about life since then
Talk about why did it end.

You'd think the world you're in would always remain
But some worlds can just disappear
Some worlds you enter just for seconds at a time
And some last until you're forgiven.

I walk awhile before I sleep, count the secrets that I keep
I hope for more, I know for sure I fall apart before I weep
I disconnect the telephone 'cause I can choose to be alone
I'll get more done, I'll have some fun, pretend you're not the only one.

Strangers, waiting, up and down the boulevard
Their shadows searching in the night
Streetlight people, living just to find emotion
Hiding somewhere in the night.

Now if I let you see this place where stories all ring true
Then will you let me past your face to see what's really you
It's not for me I ask this question as though I were a king
For you have to love, believe and feel, before the burst of tambourines take you there.

I should be living, giving my mind a chance to rewind
And playback beautiful music
I should be living, giving my mind a chance to rewind
And playback dangerous rhythms.

So if you please take this moment
Try if you can to make it last
Don't think about no future
And just forget about the past.

(Archive, Interpol, James Taylor, Jennie Stearns, Johnny Marr and the Healers, Journey, Metric, Rilo Kiley, Shearwater, Social Distortion, Stars, Stereophonics, The Bravery, The Outlaws)

1 Comments:

At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Sam said...

INTERPOL!!!! HEART!
and stars! and the Bravery!
*orgasms*

In 16 days, i'll be able to say i've seen 2 of those 3 bands live :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home