Monday, August 01, 2005

Hell's Kitchen

So tonight I watched the finale to Fox Television's "Hell's Kitchen."

It is important to note that, generally speaking, I am not a huge fan of reality TV. I watched the first season of Survivor, and after that, kinda lost interest in the whole genre. But for the past couple of months, I've been absolutely captivated by this show. It gave purpose and meaning to my life in a way that nothing else was capable of... and I don't even like to cook.


I was pleased with how the whole show shook out. I felt like the three most talented chefs made it the farthest, and the two that went head-to-head tonight were the very best of the bunch. Long story short, Michael, a 27 year-old chef from Fort Collins, CO beat out Ralph, a 36 year-old chef from Livingston, NJ. It was a tough call, but I think it was probably the right one.

Okay, I'm done blathering about my culinary distractions now. I just wanted to share the joy with y'all.... and to point out that my Monday evenings are once again free. =D

2 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I also watched this show, though no suprise there. I was glad with the show outcome as well. I was a little confused as to if he was going to win the restuarant or just get to work with him. I thought he gets both, but my mom thought it was just that he gets to work with him. Any take on it?

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Luke said...

My understanding was that Michael chose to train underneath Ramsay instead of taking the restaurant. This seems to be the general opinion I can find on the "internets," though many people seemed to be similarly confused. This quote summed up the winner's decision well, in my opinion:

"Michael did the right thing; he could make a ton more money in the long run, have a relatively secure job, and then get his own restaurant later (without FOX's money). New restaurants have a high failure rate. Michael made the smart, safe pick, which should be applauded."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home