Friday, July 22, 2005

Talking to my Walls...

Tired. Got my TB shot read today - free from disease. Yay! Went to the tailor, got measured for my groomsman's outfit for Dennis and Jennifer's wedding. Three more weeks! Crazy! Went to Target; I bought Cap'n Crunch, a half-gallon of milk, and a 2 liter bottle of Pepsi - the woman who rang up my purchases was reluctant to give them to me after I had paid for them, thought they'd be too heavy for me to carry to my car. I'm not the biggest beefcake in the world, but damn it, I think I'm strong enough to carry two bags 50 feet... how did she think I got them to the register in the first place? Came home, listened to music, started reading Hard Times: an Oral History of the Great Depression by Studs Terkel, which has been surprisingly good so far, in order to avoid doing actual work. Enjoyed Keith's comments on my blog. Realized I couldn't remember the last time I turned on my air conditioner, kept the apartment windows open. Treated myself to a pizza, but only ate half of it. Treated myself to Law & Order, but only watched half of it. Decided to wake up early tomorrow morning, work on a short assignment, go to class, spend the day in the library working on a paper, come home in the evening and clean the place up a bit. Grandma decided to pick Sunday as the perfect time to visit... Hope I'm motivated enough to get all of that done. If all goes according to plan, at least I'll have my bike up here soon. Looking forward to that. Wishing everyone the best. Nothing else to report. My apologies for that. Wondering if I'll be able to fall asleep; it's getting harder to do. So it goes...

2 Comments:

At 10:13 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Sounds like an eventful day. NO AC yet, OMG. I would be dead by now I think. :) Good luck with your Grandma's visit!

 
At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Sam said...

Hey You!
Glad to hear you are finding things to do with your time! :p
Did you finish "Still life..." ?
I'm near the end - i need to sit down and just finish it!
Hope you have a great visit with grandma! I dont see you online tonight which means you are actually sleeping at a regular time! good for you! ha! It will take me a lot longer to get back to normal me thinks.

We'll talk soon Dr. Luke! Miss Ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home