Saturday, July 09, 2005

Part of me is tired....

Part of me is full of energy. Spent the morning walking around Hobby Hill Park in Gladstone, ate an apple from a tree there (and some other tree's tiny little berries, which ended up tasting very sour - hope they weren't poisonous, ha ha), saw a dead bird with lots of maggots crawling around what remained of its eyeball, and identified a cup plant:


The leaves are mostly opposite, to 1 foot (30 cm), joined around the stem, forming a cup that holds water; wavy margins, rough on both sides, oval to triangular, covered with dots. Square stems.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day reading (unless I fall asleep), so as to catch up with Sam in Still Life with Woodpecker. Gotta finish Updike first!

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Sam said...

Hey You!!!
I haven't made it all that far in the book, don't worry - and besides once you start it you wont want to put it down! I promise!
I'm just finishing chapter 34 (they are not really chapters, thats why it seems like i've read so much when really, i'm on page 81!) Anyways get readin' mister and we'll talk about it soon!
I'm going to nap now because i will have a late night tonight, so i'll be on around 10:30-11ish, and we'll talk then!
later babe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home