Sunday, July 10, 2005

A Little Bit of Mischief...

A friend linked me to another friend's blog today. I liked the following post:

The Girl Next Door

The girl next door has cherry blossom cheeks and a birthday cake smile. One hand rests coyly in her pocket while the other waves cheerfully to the world. Like a cool Spring night in the middle of July, she is perfectly out of place. She’s a mystery and an open book, and I wonder if I'll play the fool again.

She has suitors by the dozen who work themselves into a frenzy just for a soft smile and kind word. I see grown men pause as they cut their lawns to tip their hat to the pretty belle of the suburbs.

So girl next door, let’s sit on the creaky porch swing and watch the stars come out. Drinking lemonade, we could reminisce about the good times we’ve had, though we’ve just met. And when the sun rises, I’ll gently shrug my shoulder and you’ll wake from a timeless dream. You won’t start smiling when you see the new day because you smile in your sleep. Instead you’ll yawn, try to fluff my arm like a pillow and shut your eyes, while the sun spins your hair into gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home