Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Things That Made Me Laugh Today

INTERESTING PEOPLE - So yesterday I was walking around downtown Pittsburgh with my camera. When I found myself next to the PPG building, I pointed my camera upward like a tourist and took a shot...

I had time to shoot one frame before I heard, "Excuse me, sir, but they don't like it when people take pictures of this building."

I looked over and saw the private security guard there. I said, "Um, oh. Okay. That's kind of too bad, isn't it?"

"Excuse me?" he said.

"It's a public area," I said.

"Well, technically it's private property."

"It's open to the public," I said, looking around at the hundreds of people milling around and/or playing in the fountain. "Are you telling me to leave?"

"Well, no."

"All these other people are taking pictures, too."

"Well, they don't mind eye-level stuff, but when you point the camera up, they start to get nervous. Since 9/11, you know, terrorism." ...

"Oh!" I said, a shocked look on my face. "Is it a secret building? Because if it is, I'll stop."

"What?"

"The building. Is it a secret? Because I really thought the cat was out of the bag already, since you can see it from ten miles in every direction, but if it's a secret I'll stop. I wouldn't want to be the one to get the word out to the terrorists about it."

At this point he realized it was a rhetorical question. "I don't know, sir, that's just what they tell me." ...

----

AP - Two eighth-graders who spent months working on a science project to prove how dangerous BB guns can be were disqualified from the state middle school science fair. The reason for the dismissal: BB guns are too dangerous.

----

"I think too much of a country theme might scare some people off..."

----

"Two years." "Seven months."

----

"Hey, Baldy!"

1 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Anonymous Sam said...

HAHAHAHA "hey baldy!"

Thats something us Canadian never deal with - "since 9/11..." spats. I think it may be a good thing. such paranoia can't be good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home