Friday, May 21, 2004

Bad Vision

Meh, it seems my color vision is going downhill too. On a whim, I decided to try testing my color vision this afternoon, and my results showed that I might be "deuteranomalous."

Now, this might just be a scam to get me to the optometrist, but according to my exam, I am "poor at discriminating small differences in hues in the red, orange, yellow, green region of the spectrum. From a practical stand point though, many protanomalous and deuteranomalous people breeze through life with very little difficulty doing tasks that require normal color vision. Some may not even be aware that their color perception is in any way different from normal. The only problem they have is passing the 'Blank Blank' color vision test."

Anyhow, it's kinda depressing to know that I'm losing one more function as I get older. I've taken these tests before and have always passed. Totally unexpected - but then all of life's surprises are.

Hopefully you're in better shape than me. Color Vision Test

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home